Sunday, December 07, 2008

A Final Run. Part I


Last Wed., Dec. 3.008, I made a run through a few of my favorite shops in LA as well as checking out the ones that I have not yet visited. I have only one more week left here and I have no idea if we will ever come back.... Well, to live at least. But never say never. So I went to say my goodbyes.

My first stop is at American Rag Cie. on Fairfax. This is a great spot for both men's and women's goods they have a great mix of designers and brands, new and vintage and one of the largest selections of denim around. I am a big fan of their shoe section as well.

After that I continued along Fairfax to Beverly Blvd. and hit up Mister Freedom. This shop is all vintage and very very pricey but worth a look, kind of like a nice museum of past wear. He also has a small collection of T's , denim, and a Jacket that he has made for the shop. If you have looked over any issue of the Japanese magazine Free and Easy then you have seen Mr. Freedom.
Grass out front
Liked this in back of one of the allies While walking around taking some pics of the area I saw Mister Freedom himself, Christophe Loiron, pulling out from behind his place in his Range Rover.
Cruising further down on Beverly Blvd. I went a looking for the west coast Earnest Cut & Sew'n shop. Now I looked and looked and could not find it.... But found this really cool looking old tire shop so I popped off a few shots of the place. While looking at the pics today I found that this was the place but it was not open or what I don't know but it was there all along. Sad that it was not open I have been wanting to go to it since it opened. So lesson learned is if you have an idea it is best to act on it quickly or it might just not be there when you do.... or something like that.

From Beverly Blvd. I moved up to Melrose Ave. and went looking for the Ralph Lauren RRL shop. I missed it when I was driving looking for it cause a bunch of movie trucks were parked in front of it but I found it. It too is an old garage that is now a shop. The double R L line is a nice line of Mr. RL empire. It's inspiration comes from old vintage that they make a new version of and distress it to look old and then charge you nice sum of $$$$$. I really like the shop layout though.



Just down the street on Melrose is Mr. Paul Smith's giant pink shop. It is filled with his work as well as a nice collection of art books and other un-necessaries. Now see I do not go shopping to purchase cause I do not have the kind of money that is being asked for the goods at these shops I go for inspiration and to check the detail work and construction and I must say some things are just not worth the price. The construction is not any better than what is found at Old Navy but it is still fun to go explore and touch and feel the goods.

Across the street is the flagship shop of Ever. I like the clean white walls and crisp black of the signage out side the building.

There are heaps of other shops in this area but I wanted to get down to Abbot Kinney in Venice before 3pm (that is when traffic picks up again) So off I went. More on that later.

Cheers

No comments: