Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A little Foot Down.

I have been wanting to make shoes for a while and have a bunch of really nice soft black leather that I got way back in 2000 or something like that. I got it at fox valley tanning in North Salt Lake. Anyway, the other day Aiden lost one of his shoes so I decided I will make him a new pair. It was a little ruff at the beginning but I think it turned out nice for a first go... Now that I have a basic pattern I can mess around with it some more and really see what I can do. I think I want to make me a pair.... Something a little more "grown up".

Here is some sketch'n and pattern make'n.

My work space... I did not use the industrial machine cause I do not have any leather needles for that machine (I don't know if I would need them though cause that thing can sew through rocks) but I do for the ol' home sewer jeans machine.

And the final product.

Silly I did not get any shots with Aiden wearing them... Maybe tomorrow.

No comments: