Thursday, October 15, 2009

A 'Book of Aprons for Men'

A while back while living in LA and doing my regular hit-up of the local kinokuniya Japanese bookshop. I stumbled upon this book, thumbed through it and was hooked but had recently lost my regular form of employment so I put it down and walked away... and then moved states got new employment and have been thinking about it regularly.

I do not know what it is about the apron but I really like them. Something about putting an article of clothing over your 'street clothes' and going to work and gett'n a little dirty.

The 'book of Aprons for Men' is not only a well documented book with a nice collection of multiple apron styles, including a cook’s jacket, it also has patterns and the 'how to' to build all of them.Though this book is in Japanese it is very beautifully shot and the detail sketches of the 'how to' are very detailed that it is quite easy to figure out if you have a little sewing experience.
Something else that I really like about the book is that it is focused on men. For some reason there are not a lot of 'how to' and pattern books for menswear out in the market both here and in Japan but they sure have heaps focused on the women's side of things.... Huh? a possible idea?... Anyway, if you live around a kinokuniya and are interested in the book give 'em a call and see if they have it in-store, if not I believe they will order it for you for no extra cost($25.60).

Now go build something & have a super nice weekend.

Cheers.

No comments: