Monday, June 21, 2010

R/Co. Project: LC Stacked.


The hardest and most frustrating thing about designing and building your own fabric based goods is the very real lack of good sources and suppliers, particularly yarn dye plaids, on the open retail market. Yeah you can get fun little 40% off coupons in the mail to go to crapy-anns but then you go and it is just, well, crap.
*sigh*
So this past weekend I made the rounds to all of the local retail shops looking for some suitable fabric for the show coming up for Littlecrow. I don't know why I even bother to go sometimes... But after a few days search, and a nice sale, I was able to come away with a few good chunks of alright fabric. Now if only I could afford to do the minimums with a good fabric sourcing agent then we could be in business. Oh well, maybe one day. For now it is dig, dig, dig, for the scraps and make do.

Oh yeah, Happy Go Skateboarding Day!
I have not pushed around on my usless wooden toy for ages. finally bombed the nice long hill out in front of the garage. nice and mellow and super fast. It is so strange growing old with different perspectives and different goals than when you are younger. I still am working on not growing up, just growing old. I was never caught with out a skate, ether in my hand or in my car at all times.(still keep one in the boot!) It felt good to push today. Still can kickflip as well... old man!

Go out and have a push yourself.
& remember it's up to you to Make it Fun!

Cheers.

No comments: