Monday, July 18, 2011

On The Road: Hong Kong

With my hire date of June 1st for the new 9-5 down in SoCal, I got a late start on the development of the first season. It is this reason that I am crazily trying to put together all the styles, fabrics, trims, fits, graphics and everything else involved with building a clothing line and I have basically crammed 3 or more months of development time into 5 weeks. Because of this situation  I  recently had the opportunity to go on a long voyage west of here, so far in fact that it became the 'Far East' and did it all alone. No boss. No development team. No one. Plus it was over the 4th of July holiday and who wants to spend time away for work over an extended weekend?....

While waiting for my air voiage to begin from LAX to Taipei, connecting to Hong Kong, I had some time to kill so I messed around with my phone camera. Here is the first of a few posts about my recent development trip to HK.

Class separation. The "haves" and the "have not so much."



A random escalator that takes you down to a big empty room with a bunch of chairs...


I enjoyed having my own TV with digital controls to choose my own movie and entertainment. Came in handy when we sat on the runway for 2 1/2 hours because the above engine had a little trouble. 13 hour trip turned into a 15 1/2 hour trip....
From Taipei to Hong Kong I rode on the 747
The first leg of the trip was on a Boeing 777. The engine is huge...
Made it to Hong Kong on July 4th at 10am. Checked into the hotel took a short break then off I went to the HK office to do some introductions and meeting of the folks I will be working with and then started working.....
More later.

Cheers,
'Mr.Ray'

No comments: